Friday, August 19, 2011

Mom's Visit

Last weekend my Mom came to visit from Texas. It was really nice to see her again since it's been almost a year since she moved. She spent three nights at our house, and two night's at Eric's. We set up a double bed downstairs in our theatre room and not only did my Mom seem to enjoy it, Andrea loved jumping on it!
My sister-in-law Amy and I had discussed some fun activities to do with the kids while she was here and everyday we got to do something different for the kids. Friday (the day after she arrived) we went swimming with the kids at Deseret Peak. Saturday Ryan and I were having a date night for his birthday so we opted out of the activities, but My Mom went to a movie at the Clark Planetarium with the other grandkids.

Sunday we had a family dinner at our house where the kids got to enjoy the playhouse and bubbles. It was night to have everyone together. Since it was Ryan's birthday, his parents and Grandma also joined in the fun.
Eric tried teaching the kids crochet but I don't think they paid attention!


Monday we all went to the zoo. I hadn't taken Andrea yet this year so I was excited to go, but it was just too hot!

They had some new animated dinosaurs at the zoo, and it may sound evil, but I loved watching my nephew Roland scream and cry. He hated those dang dinosaurs. Of course my little Tom Boy wasn't bothered at all by them.

We didn't stay too long because of the heat, but we got all the important stuff in there... train, carousel, giraffes, monkeys, and elephants!

Tuesday my Mom headed back to Texas, I'm so mad at myself for not getting a picture of her and Andrea! I hope she enjoyed her visit as much as we did!

1 comment:

Happy Herrons said...

Didn't they like the dinosaur that sprayed water? That was popular at our house. Sounds fun!