Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Flower Pillows

Saw some adorable flower pillows on a friend's link and loved them. I felt Andrea needed something on her bed so it would look more "made" than just pulling up the covers. Mine and Ryan's bed has 10 pillows when fully "made", so I definately needed something on hers. They turned out ok, they photograph a lot better than looking up close.
They really were as easy to make as the website said, and I thought they were fun to do. The only think I don't like is that the petals are really floppy, so I have to fix them when I "make" the bed. The red one was made with thicker fleece and I liked working with that better. Also, I used felt for the middle yellow, instead of fleece. I just figured it was easier to purchase a couple of sheets of felt for such a small area.

This project did come with a few injuries. First, a blister from the hot glue on my thumb as I was folding the center pieces.
And as I quickly removed the material from the thumb, it ended up in my armpit (don't know how) and I figured I better let it stay there and cool before I do more damage. When I did remove the piece it took off some skin, so I figured now Andrea will know that I really put a part of me in these pillows for her :)

Andrea loves the pillows, one night when I carried her to bed she asked "where's my flower?" and then snuggled up against it. For those of you interested in making these pillows here is the orignal link http://cometogetherkids.blogspot.com/2011/03/fleece-flower-petal-pillows.html

1 comment:

sflo said...

They turned out so cute! You're a talented lady. :)