Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

Well, I've decided to go back to work. Part of me feels guilty after receiving my goodbye luncheon, and making all of the final tasks involved in quiting, but I want to. Ryan wasn't too happy about the idea but I think it will be best for me and help me be a better mother. Staying home all day was a lot harder than I thought, I need adult interaction. Not only that, I know how to do what is expected of me at work and it's very satisfying when I complete a project. I loved lounging with my little girl all day everyday, but I felt lazy and useless.
Luckily the credit union was in desperate need of some training, since my boss and I both left at the same time. They were willing to work with me and agreed to my request of only two 4 hour days a week. My mom is going to babysit Andrea on her days off which are Wednesdays and Thursdays and in the summer when my mother-in-law is home I might add one more day a week. Today was my first day back and I think I will really enjoy it. Leaving at 1:00 really made the day fly and it made me so excited to go pick up Andrea.

Here at home things are getting into a nice schedule and even the dog is starting to get used to the baby. Tessy is back to laying on my lap, even if Andrea has already claimed it.

It's funny how when I take pictures of Andrea, they just don't do her justice or appear the way I see her. However, this one is pretty darn close! This is a dress given to her by a family friend and she decided to show it off at church Sunday.
I was tagged a while ago for a survey, so I better get to it:
3 Names I go by
Kristy
Honey
Babe

3 Names I no longer answer to
No idea

3 jobs I've had in my life
Deli girl at Macy's
Muliple positions at HeritageWest CU
Stay-at-home mom (briefly)

3 places I have lived
Tooele
Cedar City

3 places I've really loved
Keystone, SD
Palmyra, NY
Jackson Hole, WY

3 TV shows that I watch
Little People, Big World
Jon & Kate Plus 8
Cash Cab

3 TV shows that I would still watch if on TV
Seinfeld
Home Improvement
The Drew Carey Show

3 places I have been
New York, NY
Mt. Rushmore
Washington D.C.

3 places I would go in a heartbeat
Hawaii
Germany
Ireland

3 People I e-mail regularly
Kristi
Opee
Sharol (sort-of, through facebook or myspace)


3 favorite foods
Chile Verde Enchilada from La Frontera
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Fajitas

3 foods I should like but don't
Raw carrots
Cantelope
Cucumbers
(I still try to eat all 3)

3 friends I think want to do this
Hayley
Jen
Julie

3 things I dread
Cleaning the bathroom
Bathing the dog
Shaving my legs

3 things I look forward to
Holidays
Going out to dinner
Sandal weather

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Hee hee hee... I already did it last month ;D.

Glad you found a good compromise. I love staying home, but then again- I was working INSANE hours over an hour away before, to make money so the jerk I was married to could piss it away. I need to find a job like yours, though, because I miss the adult interaction, too.

She's so darn cute. And you look aweseome!

Sara said...

Good for you! Sometimes it's hard to make the right decisions for you and your family when there is social/cultural pressure to do something else, but as the "Mom" you know what's best for you and her. And she is so darn cute in that little pink dress!

Melissa said...

I hope things are going well for you. What makes a happy mom makes a happy baby! Thats great they were able to work with you so you only have to work a couple hours a week. I think every mommy would love that. We all need a break and to have a little adult interaction! And the fact that you have family to watch Andrea is even better. I'm proud of you. I hope Ryan is dealing with the changes well. Its hard; having kids is a huge adjustment and all the decisions that come with it. But they are the most amazing little creations ever. Keep posting the pictures so we can see how much she is growing!!

. said...

Sounds perfect being able to work part time and still be able to raise your little one. A lot of firsts and getting used to I'm sure! Too cute!