Saturday, August 3, 2013

Adults Only

Last weekend Ryan and I took a trip to Cedar City, this time was a little different.  Peyton and Meryn were staying with their grandparents in California, so we decided this would be a good chance for just us adults to hang out, and left Andrea with Gary and Linda. 

Friday night when we arrived we ate at the Little Brick House.  It's not really a little brick house, in fact it's now moved it's location to a strip mall.  But they have yummy sandwiches, and I wanted to look for some more vintage décor for my kitchen in their antique section.  Lots of ideas for antique stuff, but nothing that was a must have.  After we walked next door to Sub Zero for some ice cream, which Ryan and I have never tried, but it was pretty darn yummy!

That night Matt and Ryan planned their photo adventure for the next day.  I was hoping to go to Bryce Canyon but the warnings for flash floods literally rained on my parade.  So instead we drove to...
Parowan...
Paragonah...
Beaver...
Big Rock Candy Mountain...
Marysvale...
 Junction...
And even saw Butch Cassidy's childhood home.

I'm sure there's a lot of other towns I forgot, but they were starting to blur together.  The closer to Cedar we got we started seeing red rock again and stopped at Red Canyon. I noticed we all color coordinated that day, so it was a great reason for a group shot.

Then we stopped at Cedar Breaks and by that time a storm was rolling in and the temperature dropped quite a bit. I was freezing, so I quickly got out to check out the view, grab a photo, and then hopped back in the car. 

On our way back down Cedar Canyon the rain was really coming down and I was actually a little scared.  Boulders were rolling off the mountain, and the red sand was starting to cover the roads.  When we got into town we realized how bad it was, a building had collapsed from the weight of the water, vehicles were submerged in certain parts of the city.  Even Main Street had random rocks all over from, I'm guessing, from decorative planters and such.  Luckily Matt and Sara's house was fine, but many homes flooded. 

Sunday I worked a little since I wasn't able to get time off, and Matt and Sara got ready for church.  While they were gone Ryan and I went and visited with Sandy and Fernlee, and the dogs.  Then after church we went to see the movie Red2, sinners, I know, blah, blah, blah.  After the movie the storm was starting up again and Matt and Ryan got all excited about taking some lightning shots.  Here are some of the masterpieces. 


Monday morning we headed home, but also stopped in a few more towns for photos.  You would think I would be pretty familiar with this state by now, but honestly, I'm just really confused about what towns I've seen and where they are located.

Big thanks to Matt and Sara for letting us crash their weekend without kids, you are always so nice to feed us, board us, and entertain us, and I love our trips together!

1 comment:

sflo said...

Loving the lightning shots! Way to go Ryan. So glad you had a fun and safe trip.