Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Swim Lessons

Two years ago Andrea and I took Mommy and Me swim lessons, but last year she was not interesting in taking lessons without me.  I feel learning to swim is such an important skill, so her and I just went to the pool occasionally and I tried to work with her. 

This year she was very excited about swim lessons, without or without me.  Since they closed Tooele's outdoor pool this year we signed up at the indoor pool, which is very close to our house. Rumor has it that the classes all filled up fast, understandably, so I'm glad we got her in. 

She loved it, and couldn't wait to go each day.  She made a new friend, Taylor, and I enjoyed visiting with Taylor's mom.  I was very impressed with her teachers, so they were so patient with that age group, and got Andrea to try more things than I ever could.
 
 
 
All together she took nine classes, five the first week, four the next.  The last ten minutes of class were play time, and they gave the kids toys in the kiddie pool.  Fridays during the last ten minutes they would turn on the water fountains and the big slide and her teachers would go down the slide with each child.
 
I wasn't sure if she was going to pass since she wasn't going to jump in the pool on the last day, but the teachers talked her into it.  Here is the before and after shot.

She passed level 1, which means next year she will get to move up.  I guess Ryan and I will have to take her swimming more often to get her used to being under water before then. 

No comments: