Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Poor Man's Getaway

My friend Kristi just turned 30, sorry Kristi, now the world knows. She invited myself and our friend Tara for a girls weekend in Vegas to celebrate/mourn. Although we desperately wanted to go, we just couldn't, for various reasons. So we put our heads together and started thinking of some other ways that we could show Kristi a good time. We decided Wendover would be a fun idea, and decided to bring the hubby's along.

So we headed out Friday night after work and started with a lovely dinner at the "Over the Rainbow" restaurant then some gambling at the Rainbow, where we were staying.
Opee was so excited about his players card he thought he would try it everywhere.Then we took the shuttle to the nugget, where our luck changed (at least for one of us).
Kristi and I were playing some slots next to each other and were both relatively excited when she won 10,000 credits. We both thought $10 was a pretty good win. Luckily, Ryan came along and helped us out with the math, it was actually $100 dollars she had won. I guess we should have been much more excited, but we made up for it when the ticket printed.Don't let Tara fool you, I think that ticket only says $5.00

Of course the most fun came when we headed back to one of the rooms to just play some games with our friends. It was a lot of fun memories and a lot of "one-liners" that none of us will forget. I know it was Kristi's party, but we all loved getting away. I just love that I have such great friends that make life wonderful, and such great in-laws that love tending Andrea so Ryan and I can do this. Happy Birthday Kristi!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Honestly, what can I say that will express how much fun I had and how touched I was that you guys would do that? It was one of the best weekends of my life! THANK YOU!!!