Monday, April 12, 2010

Hippity-Hoppity

I was so excited for Easter this year because I knew Andrea would be old enough to understand it. Last Easter was her blessing day, and that will always be special, but now each year will be more fun than the last.

I ordered her Easter basket last year after the holiday, so I got a good deal, but it doesn't hold much. We may have to upgrade in a year or two. The Easter bunny left her a farm sounds puzzle, an outfit, a talking egg, a mooing/pooping cow, and a light up ducky. He placed them in her chair so she would know that it was all for her. It took no time at all for her to realize that there was something new and exciting in the room.Grandma and Grandpa Lee had planned a fun easter egg hunt for all of the grandchildren, but the weather just didn't cooperate! Although it was a nice day, there was still snow on the ground, so the hunt was moved indoors. Grandma entertained the kids downstairs while the parents hid the goodies (well, Matt and I did most of the hiding because Ryan and Sara were feeling a little under the weather).

Each child was given their own theme for their eggs: Peyton's were sports, Meryn's were flowers and butterflies, and Andrea's were animals. They were told to only pick up their own and they all did pretty well, Andrea did get a few of Meryn's but I re-hid them when she wasn't looking. They each also got their own bubbles, pez, pin-wheel, and kite. Yes, Grandma and Grandpa really went all out, and the kids loved it!

Here is some video of what it's like to get a 14-month old to hunt for eggs.

I just love Meryn's face in this one, like she's jealous of Peyton's goodies. So I think it was a wonderful Easter, the kids definately enjoyed themselves, and that's what it's all about. I'm so lucky to have my little cutie this year and to have such wonderful family to spend the holidays with!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I wanna see how this pooping cow works :)

Fun pics! She's so cute :)