Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Side of the Family

Technically, time wise, this post should go before the Easter one, but I guess you will all just have to pretend. My brother Ryan came down for a visit over spring break and I thought this would be a good chance to get some family pictures like we had with the Lees. So I asked my friend Kristi, again, if she would do the honors. Her and I were both worried about the amount of daylight since everyone's schedules didn't allow the photo shoot to begin until 6:00. So she suggested asking our friend/ex-coworker Emily to help out since she is also quite the photographer.
It seemed like everything went wrong that day... we had planned to do the pictures outside at a farm in Grantsville, but the wind was blowing so hard we weren't sure if it was going to work. Then a fire on I-80 (yes, that was the day) shut down the two main highways to Tooele. So both my brother Brent and my brother Eric (and family) were stuck in the mess. I thought for sure we would have to cancel, and I felt like crying because of the luck we were having. But just as I waved my white flag, the highway opened back up and everyone arrived just on time.

We were all still worried about the wind as we drove to the farm but I figured we would give it a shot before moving the photos indoors. Although it was a little chilly, the trees blocked the wind enough that the night was a success! I'm so happy that it was all able to work out and I'm so glad that I have such great friends who are willing to provide such great memories! I hope you both know how much it means to me and my family! So here they are, the photos that took a few years off my life, there are quite a few, but what can I say... it's a big family.

Here are my siblings:

My oldest brother Brent and his wife Becky:

My next oldest brother Ryan and his wife Melissa, daughter Sydney, and sons Andy and Taylor:

My brother Eric and his wife Amy, daughter Brigitta, and son Roland:


You all know our little family:

And all of the grandkids:

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Andrea's blue eyes are amazing!

Awesome pics :) Glad everything worked out...

Emily said...

yeah! I am glad it worked out too.. It was great to see you we should get together for a play date soon!!