Sunday, July 5, 2009

Photos, and Parade, and Fireworks. Oh my!

I'm so excited about our newest family pictures. One of my co-workers Sheri does some free lance photography and she took some for us a couple of years ago with Tessy. Now that Andrea is old enough to hold her head up and smile, I was anxious to update our photo above the mantle. Sheri lives on a farm and it was great located to get some pretty scenery. I recruited my friend Kristi along to help get Tessy and Andrea to look in the right direction. It was quite the adventure! Andrea was well-behaved, but a little overwhelmed, so she didn't smile on cue too often. Tessy was so excited about new smells that Ryan and I had to force her to be a part of the family. So here are some of my favorites, although I have about 30 favorites. Of course these are the raw pictures, they have not been touched up yet.

Andrea attended her first parade on the 4th. A few years ago the city changed the parade route and now it comes right down my parents street. Andrea was a little scared by the first police motorcycles, then she got hungry, then fell asleep, then quietly watched the rest of the parade. What a good girl! I had bought her a "Daddy's little firecracker" shirt about a month ago, before I realized that she would be wearing 18 month clothes at 5 months old. I still managed to squeeze her into the shirt because, after all, she'll only wear it the one day.Ryan's parents were babysitting Andrea when the big fireworks started. We were hoping to watch them with her on their porch but I guess Tooele city doesn't know how to tell time and started 10 minutes early. When we got there she was sleeping anyway. We found out she had another one of her "stomach situations". It seems like once a week Andrea has a 10-minute session of screaming while releasing a lot of gas, the poor girl. Ryan's parents have been so patient and have learned to deal with it well, just like we have. It still makes me feel bad as a mother that I wasn't there to rock her and sooth her. I'm looking forward to next year when she'll be old enough to enjoy a little more on the 4th of July.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Ah baby gas... I know how you feel, x2. Mylicon, my dear! Anyhoo, it was good to see your cute lil family! I wish we could've stopped and chatted! And the second pic is my favorite.

Sara said...

I love that picture of Andrea in Ryan's arms. She just looks so little and safe there. :) Sorry about those tummy troubles. It's tough when the baby is crying and there's only so much you can do. Sounds like you guys had a fun 4th. Meryn was finally into it this year, although during the fireworks she insisted that I keep my hand on the top of her head. :)

Awesome Oettli's said...

Your pics look great. sheri does a good job. You have such a cute family.

ps i added u to my page.

Hayley said...

So I laughed at your comment because we have this running joke in my family that if we didn't know Dave, we'd think he was a pedophile.