Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Best of Both Worlds

Why I love my days at home
All you have to do is watch the video to understand why I love my days at home.

I can honestly say that I cherish every moment with my little girl. It's never far from my mind what a miracle having a baby is. I've learned that every play time is a moment to teach her something new. Every fussy time is a chance to show her I'm here. Every content mood is an opportunity to teach her that quite time is good. Maybe it's the idea that she might be our one and only child, but I try to hang on to every milestone. She is already growing too big, too fast! This past week we put away her bassinet, baby bath tub, and baby carrier.

Why I love my days at work
These past few weeks at work our Marketing Department has encouraged employees to promote our "Take us on vacation with you" VISA push. Remember that if you use your HeritageWest VISA rewards card between now and the end of September you earn double points!
All employees were allowed to wear flip-flops and shorts on Fridays (which didn't include myself because I don't work Fridays) and wear "vacation" attire all week this week. Each department was also given $15 to decorate their area as some kind of vacation destination and the department with the most votes gets a free breakfast. Well, if you keep up on my blog you know how extreme the credit union gets for it's employee Halloween contest. So some department's really went all out. My department (Kathy and I) went with a camping/fishing theme.
The IS department decided to have a "BBQ" with hot dogs, root beer, and home made ice cream, yumm! Is it really that difficult to see why I love working there? Especially when they are okay with letting me work a day and 1/2 each week!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

I kinda miss working. Just the adult interaction.

Your kid is so cute. Way to make 'em, Kristy Ben.

sflo said...

I love that you laugh at her laughing. She is so cute!

Martins said...

Except that I take call, my OB/GYN job lets me work 1 1/2 days too. I LOVE IT! I am mostly a stay at home mom and I get some adult interaction. It's awesome! Call sucks, and contributes to sleep deprivation, O'well... You're daughter is adorable!!! We should get together!

Emily said...

I can't believe how big your little one is. I love all the rolls. CUTE STUFF!!!