Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We're all Making Sacrifices

Well, it's been an interesting month here at the Lee home. A lot of new changes have begun, but not all of them bad. I've been having trouble sleeping, mostly because I don't enjoy sleeping on my left side. So Ryan and I switched sides of the bed, so I face the edge of the bed, and invested in a body pillow. The first night Ryan complained that my side was too hard, and I agreed that his side was too soft. But now, after a week or two of toughing it out I think we both get a pretty full night's sleep.

Tessy is also making adjustments... but even as I type she is wandering around wondering where to lay, let me explain: our "spare bedroom" is now becoming the nursery. We have always had a queen bed in there that we have let Tessy take over. So every morning as I got ready for work she would hop up on the bed, do a little scratching, maybe a little grooming and settle in. We'll our plan is to keep the queen bed in the nursery so I can just sleep in there with the baby during rough nights. I didn't want Tessy germing up the new bed so we thought we would try training her to lay in a dog bed. We started out by just putting the new dog bed on the queen bed to get her used to it, she would lay against it but never in it. Well, now the nursery has been painted and the queen bed is upside down on the floor, and she feels like she has no where to lay. I've tried putting her in her new dog bed but she hops right out. I guess that's what we get for treating her like a princess.

The last adjustment is one that I have really enjoyed! Ryan and I usually spend most of our evenings downstairs watching TV but we both know that upstairs is warmer in the winter. So Ryan's idea of preparing for a baby meant purchasing a TV for upstairs. So the past week I have loved cooking and cleaning with Ryan there to chat with. It's nice having the big living room windows open as well, and not feeling so cramped and cloomy downstairs.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So sorry to hear about the trouble sleeping. I remember now that Matt and I had to trade sides of the bed when I was pregnant with Peyton. We've still never traded back. Eventually I did get used to sleeping on my left side, but I'll never understand what makes it so much better. Hang in there, at least you're doing fun things like fixing up the nursery and stuff. I can't wait to see it. :) You'll have to post some pics or something. Good luck with Tessy. ;)

Stacy said...

Good luck with Tessy. Give Ryan's finger a kiss.

Hayley said...

"cramped and cloomy downstairs."

Um... what's cloomy? Whatever it is, I like saying it. Almost as much as saying "moobies."