Sunday, October 26, 2008

Paws and Fingers

Isn't it great when you find a product that actually works the way it appears on the commercial? For those of you who haven't heard of it, let me tell you how pleased I am with Pedipaws!

Tessy's nails have been a problem for a while now, I used to take her to get her nails cut in the mornings on Tuesdays or Thursdays by a family friend. Well, my work schedule hasn't allowed that for quite some time and Ryan and I were getting fed up with the injuries caused by Tessy stepping on our feet or pushing off of our laps. After seeing the Pedipaws commercial, I thought we might as well give it a try. This tool, which is pretty much a Dremel with a cap on it, files the dog's nails instead of snipping them. The commercial claimed that dogs don't mind at all, but I was skeptical.

After following the instructions on "how to get your dog comfortable with Pedipaws" Tessy was fine with the device after only one sitting. We've used it a few times now and Tessy is so distracted by when she will earn her next treat that she doesn't even worry about the tool, it's been wonderful and I highly recommend it!
On the other hand, Ryan had a run in with a tool that was not so friendly... at work he gently bumped his finger against a hedge trimmer and ended up with 10 stitches on his left "birdie" finger. It's amazing how those 10 stitches can put a man down! Things have slowly improved, but the first days I had to spread cream cheese on his bagel, cut up his quesadilla burger, and help with hygiene issues. But I do enjoy taking care of him and it makes me feel needed when I change his bandages every morning and make sure he takes his anti-biotics.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I've seen the commercials for the Pedipaws thing. How nice that it really does what it says! I'd never dare get near our gigantice dog to do his nails, though. LOL
We were sorry to hear about Ryan's injury. Hope he gets better soon, and it is nice to feel needed, isn't it?

sflo said...

Poor Ryan. That's really lame. I hope he gets better quick. That reminds me of taking care of Dan when he got his appendix out.
I love the picture of you doing Tessie's nails. :)So cute.

Stacy said...

I've got to get pedipaws for my mom (I mean for her dogs).
Good luck to Ryan. When Rick cut his finger it was not pretty and not fun.

Hayley said...

Hey you, how are ya? How's pregnancy? I hope it's treating you as well as it treated me. It was the POSTNATAL part that I had issues with!!!

You know, I love your blogs. You must try to post more often so I can get my fill of your adorable dog, whom I think should have her own comic strip or cartoon or something.