Sunday, August 3, 2008

My first time!

Well this week I had a couple of "firsts" and I wanted to share my excitement. On Thursday I caught my first fish! Hooray! I had never been fishing before I married Ryan, so 4 1/2 yrs ago he equipped me with all the fishing necessities for my birthday. Since then, I've given it a good try (at least I think so). We had tried 5 different lakes/reservoirs throughout the state but no luck. Finally this Thursday, we tried the reservoir about 1 mile from our house and had quite a bit of luck. We each caught one, and had a lot of bites. We released them both because of their size, but I didn't care, my goal had been met! I promise that is hair in my face, not dirty teeth!



My next first was playing in a golf tournament. The credit union holds a golf tournament each year and this year was the first time Ryan and I participated. Each team consisted of four people, so Ryan and I played with my friend Opee and his brother Ben. It was a scramble format (play off of the best shot), which made the game a lot of fun! Let's just say we didn't play off of my shot that often, but I was pretty proud of myself. My teammates couldn't have been more supportive of me, so that really helped!

Would you look at that form!

My good-looking teammates.
To top the day off, Ryan and I both won a prize during the luncheon. He won golfballs and a self-powered radio. I won an "ipod touch", that's right folks... eat your heart out. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, mostly because Ryan has. But I'll get my turn.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Your first fish!!! Kristy you have been deprived in life. lol Cool, on the golf tourney, that is one thing that I cannot say that I have ever done (don't tell my mom she would just cry.). I'm very jealous over the ipod touch.

Sara said...

We told Peyton that you caught a fish, and he was so excited for you. Of course, now he wants to go fishing with you. :)

Linda said...

I loved reading your blog. I look forward to reading more.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow Questy sounds like you are going to be a pro fisherman and golfer now! Way to go!