Monday, May 5, 2014

Easter

I'm so glad Easter was later this year.  The Easter bunny had more time to get ready before it snuck up like it usually does.

Two days before Easter we had a new nephew, Wulf, arrive.  So Saturday before Easter I got spend a little time with Brigitta and Roland while their mom was still in the hospital.  I waited to color eggs until they came to give them something to do, but Roland wasn't interested.
 I think he was probably dealing with middle child emotions, but didn't know it.  He just wanted to snuggle with the dog, and anything to make him happy is fine with me.  We also went to the park and then he perked right up.

Easter morning we had our traditional Easter pancakes, but Ryan was so sick with a bad cold that he couldn't even go outside to watch the Easter egg hunt, and I had to save him pancakes for later.


 The dog decided to do his business in the worst place possible.

 The Easter bunny led Andrea on the usually scavenger hunt and the basket was hiding under the kitchen table.  She got a movie, an outfit, and of course, lots of candy.

Grandma and Grandpa Lee had bought Andrea an Easter dress, and I bought myself a new skirt.

After church we had an Easter lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Williams.  With Ryan sick, and Amy just having a baby, it was just Eric and me with our kids.  The grandparents got each of the kids a bucket and sunglasses and then Eric was sent off to do some egg hiding at his house.  I guess Brigitta and Roland still hadn't had time to find the other eggs left at their house from the Easter bunny, so Andrea got a few extras.


Andrea got a homemade bunny from Amy, she does that every year and we're are getting an adorable collection! I think she has slept with that bunny every night since Easter. One night before bed Andrea asked, "how did Amy make this bunny?" I said, "she is very talented".  And she said, "she can sew better than you, huh, Mom"?  I replied, "Yes, but we all have different talents.  So what do you think my talents are?".  After thinking a minute she said, "Being a good Mom.".... Mommy paycheck!

No comments: