Monday, April 8, 2013

Fine Four-Fendered Chitty Chitty Friend

For my birthday Tara and Kristi surprised me with a night out to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at Hale Centre Theatre.  The funny thing was I had already bought tickets for Andrea and I, am I that transparent?  But I wasn't about to turn down seeing it twice and it was well worth it!

When the girls and I went I got to sit back and relax, not to mention have some grown-up conversation at dinner before hand. They took me to eat at Zupas, where I had never been, but would definately return to. 
Plus, my best friend from High School, David Holmes was in it.  And it was so fun to see him play a silly role as one of the spies when he always got the dramatic leads when we did theatre years ago.
 
When Andrea and I went we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner before and then to see the show.  It was a great benefit having already seen the show so I knew what was coming and could just enjoy watching Andrea's reaction.  She would sing so loudly during most of the songs that I thought the actors might get distracted because we were actually pretty close to the action on the second row. 
 
She was so amazed by everything and sat so well for quite a long show.  I had to talk her into a potty break during intermission because she just didn't want to miss anything.  But when we got back to our seat and the spies were begging the audience for red vines she was excited to give David one and in return she got a hug. 
After the show when we went to say hello to David she was having a good time visiting with him, but told him how sad she was that she didn't have one of the balloons from the carnival scene.  Well David checked the back and found the last balloon for her.  Even though that's a small thing for most, I know she'll alway remember it!

No comments: