Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Fun

We actually made it to see the Temple Square Christmas lights this year! I thought going on a week night would be less crazy so we decided to go last Wednesday. I think there really is no good time to go... not only was it the youth groups activity that night, but we also saw 3 school buses who unloaded even more teenagers for some kind of performance.




I could go into all the details of the night but let's just say that between no parking, two trips back to the car, inconvenient bladder needs from Andrea, too many teenagers, and it being REALLY cold... it will be a while before we do it again. Ryan got some really beautiful pictures of the temple that I'm excited to print and frame.

Andrea was more impressed by the releasing of birthday balloons through the skylight while having dinner at the Garden than she actually was with the lights, so I think we'll wait for HER to ask us to go again.

Later that week Andrea and I got into the Christmas spirit by decorating a gingerbread house. Now I am not one to make home made gingerbread, cut it, make frosting no no no. Costco had a pre-build one with candy and frosting included. That's my kind of project!
Andrea ate more candy than she actually put on but she really did a good job when she did actually place them on the house.

1 comment:

sflo said...

That's my kind of gingerbread house too.