Thursday, May 19, 2011

Keeping Busy

I've been a little stir crazy lately. Not only because Winter seems to be lasting all year, but also because I am currently a full-on stay at home Mom. Bracken's mommy is on maternity leave with their newest little baby girl, Leah, so I haven't had anything on my schedule during the days which is a little well... boring. I guess this is when most women say, "time to have another baby"... but not me :) So I've been trying to keep myself busy, church callings have helped. On top of preparing weekly singing time and monthly song charts, I'm also this years Young Women's camp director.

Being camp director has been a little frustrating because there isn't much you can do ahead of time. You have to plan a lot, but have to wait until a few weeks before camp to put it all together. I've been working on sewing the mailboxes for secret sisters. Yes, it looks like a shoe rack and that's is basically what it is but the girl's will put their name on a pocket and wait for their gifts. Glad this is almost done (just some dowls and ribbon left).
 Andrea calls them my "pockets" when I work on them.

Next I'll cut out of wood location signs for the girls to paint, "latrine" "mess hall" "barricks" and "officers quarters". Our camp is Boot Camp themed, if you can't tell. Then will be the flag and schedule, luckily my assistant is handling those.

I've also been working on a few house projects... ever since Andrea has started sleeping in her bed again I've been anxious to get her more girly bedding, the Elmo stuff was driving me nuts. As I looked online Andrea wanted Dora, Princess, Backyardigans, but I wanted the ladybug one. Luckily she liked that one too! It works great with her lady bug tent and actually happened to be the same colors I used for her padded seat on the toy box.


Our masther bedroom is always a work in progress and when I found these 3D flowers at Bed, Bath, & Beyond I knew they would work great. I had some red, white, and blue stars there for a long time and as you can see, did not match the decor. I love these flowers and they were a lot of fun to put up. 
On a completely different note, Andrea is potty trained! She actually has been for over a month. My friend gave me a copy of "3 Day Potty Training" and it was just what Andrea needed for it all to click. But while washing 10 dirty pair of brand new underwear after only 3 hours on the first day I didn't know if I could make it, but the next day she totally got it and I'm glad I stuck to the method. She still wears pull-ups at night and during naps but I couldn't care less. She does so well all day long, even tells the nursery leaders when she needs to go and is comfortable going potty at the store, the library, in restaurants, I am so proud of her!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm glad you put up a picture of the ladybug quilt, since we never seem to actually get to your house when we're in Tooele. It's so CUTE! Good luck with Girl's Camp. I'm sure it will all come together beautifully, assuming it's not still snowing in July. ;)