Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Smaller To-do List

If you are familiar with our blog, you should know that there is always a project going on at the Lee home. This past week we finally finished a project from February. Ryan wanted to make Andrea a toy box for Andrea's 1st birthday and the deadline came a little close. We still gave it to her, but knew we would have to finish it later. You can see it here, unfinished on the right.
So Ryan painted it white, and lined the inside with cedar. He also found a toy box hinge which causes the lid to hold in place no matter how far it's opened, so Andrea can't slam her fingers. We found some material we like for the padded seat and based the colors off of that. We painted the spindles and then it was my job to do some painting on the outside.
 
I'm not too pleased with the result, but it will have to do. Maybe some more grass along the bottom...

Andrea seems to really love it though, she isn't quite tall enough to get on it herself yet, but it does hold a lot of toys which is it's main purpose.

Now for a little Halloween fun. We have two little trick-or-treater figurines in our house and for some reason Andrea thinks that the little bags they carry are gloves. 
So here she is trying to use these gloves to their full potential.

4 comments:

bunchocoffeys said...

I think its cute!

Barbara said...

They look like little boxing gloves. She talks really well for a 1yr old. I love the toy box, I think it looks great. I wish I were talented enough to make a toy box for my son.

Mind Of Mine said...

Your family are adorable!

Awesome Oettli's said...

Kristy- I love the painting job on the toy box. You and ryan are so handy.