Monday, May 11, 2009

MacGyver Lee

Pop some popcorn and get yourself a drink, it's funny story time! Last Sunday was a stormy day and the power went out while we were at the in-laws. Although we don't live too far from Ryan's parents, it's usually a big enough distance that our power is never off at the same time as theirs. Well, this was not the case, when we came home we realized we couldn't get into our garage with the automatic opener because our power was also out. I have the keys to the screen door and front door on my key ring, but we had Ryan's keys. No big deal, we figured we would just go for a drive and the power would be on shortly. After about a half an hour of driving through some of the same old streets (we really need to get some new hot spots in town) the power was still out. Andrea was sleeping, luckily, and I wasn't too worried because both of our parents have formula and diapers at their houses but Ryan just really wanted to get inside. He did have the key to his shop (his workshop in the back of our house) on his key ring and he thought with the help of some tools he might be able to open the back door to our garage, he realized another option was our bedroom window which we had open all day. However, our bedroom window is on the second story. So while Andrea and I waited in the truck, images of Ryan falling off the ladder and lying on the ground unable to call for help were racing through my mind. So I occationally went outside to see if he was okay. When he finally returned from the backyard he casually went up to the front door and unlocked it with his keys, I was so confused! So after he opened the garage door manually, he explained how he got the keys, "Well, I was trying to get in our bedroom window but I was too scared because the ladder wasn't quite tall enough. Then I remembered that when I was cleaning the front room earlier I put my other set of keys in my hat and set them on the dresser. So I got our tree prunner from the shop and fished my hat across the bedroom with the keys in it." I was dying of laughter. I couldn't stop laughing while I pulled the truck into the garage. What a funny guy, I wish I could have seen him on his ladder slowly pulling his hat across the bedroom. Oh man! So long story short (too late) we got inside and luckily the power came back on before "Breaking Bad".

Now for some cuteness:
When Andrea was first born, and we would set her in her bouncer, Ryan mentioned what a milestone it would be when she could pull on the umbrella to make it play music. Well it happened this week (tear) and I got it on video the second time around. Now when I set her in it she pulls it two or three times, the little sweetheart.




She has also become quite the chunk. She no longer fits in 3-6 months clothes and she is not yet 4 months. I just had to take some shots of her "chillin" in the tub this morning.Here is one of her and the dog staring each other down. I'm sure Andrea was giving a look of love, but Tessy was giving the evil eye. One more of Daddy with his girls.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Mmmm. Popcorn.

At least if Ryan's lawn care biz goes under, he has a future as a cat burglar.

Cute pics!

Awesome Oettli's said...

fun!! Your little girl is so cute. After reading your posts i realized that we have more in common than our beagles. as i tell adam, "I do LESS at my actual job and get PAID?" I will be going back in sept.

Awesome Oettli's said...

ps check out our blog is new!

Sara said...

That is hilarious! I cant just picture it all in my mind. :) Also, I loved the video of Andrea. What a smartie pants! Meryn barely wore 3-6 months clothes, but she was in the 6-9 for much longer, it seemed. For instance, that little Snoopy outfit, we bought for her when she was about 4 months old. She eventually evened out, but there must be something with these Lee babies that grows them fast. :)