Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jibberish

Well I try to post at least twice a month, and seeing how tomorrow is the last day of April, I better get on it! I love this video, and it took a few tries to get. Andrea loves chit-chatting with her Daddy. I can never get her to talk to me like she does to him. I always try to grab the camera but she gets fussy right when I hit record. But finally I captured her adorable way to communicate!

I had the opportunity to babysit my niece Brigitta yesterday while her parents ran some errands. It gave me a good glimpse of what having two kids might be like. It wasn't so bad, Brigitta is old enough to take care of most things herself. However, I discovered that messes seem to appear out of nowhere and by surprise. Just watching a movie ended up with 4 blankets spread across the floor, how? I found it kind of funny as I was folding them back up. She seems to be at the "asking questions" phase and I didn't have a lot of answers for her while we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Like "how did chitty chitty bang bang get old?" How can you explain wear and tear to a 4 year old?

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Freakin cute. Daddy's girl already?

Martins said...

So... the babies always do the cutsie stuff for dads... It took my boys FOREVER to smile or laugh for me... but not for dad... They would pretty much do it on que... rascals!

Martins said...

I think I spelled cue wrong... oops...

Hayley said...

LOL... considering that for the first time in my life I finally even have boobs, I would definitely not want to show them off!

Oh, and the stretch mark free pics? PHOTOSHOPPED. YEAH BABY. In reality, my belly looks like a road map to hell. I'm thinking I might post the real pics to scare the twin envy out of a few people.

Sara said...

Oh, that video is precious! And messes do materialize out of nowhere with two kids! LOL And you get used to answering the questions, they kind of ease you into it when you're with them every day.

Hayley said...

I've got a suggestion... you and Ryan can teach her to blow the seeds- on other peoples' lawns. Then they'll hire Ryan because your yard will be the only one that's dandelion free! You'll be rich!!!!

I shoulda been a con artist.