Wednesday, July 2, 2008

California Trip

Sorry it's taken me so long to write about our trip, I've tried to numerous times but I can never seem to finish... a couple of weeks ago Ryan and I took a trip to California. We first drove west, far west, to San Fransisco. We had planned on touring Alcatraz but the tour was sold out for two days. Instead we took an hour boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. The boat went very close to Alcatraz island and slowed down quite a bit so we could get a good look. My only complaint was the cold weather, I rode inside the boat most of the time and only came out when Alcatraz was near, but I'm very glad we did it!










That night we drove down to Santa Barbara and stayed the night. This was one of our favorite memories, we loved the town, the hotel, the beach, and the food. I highly recommend visiting Santa Barbara to anyone!







We of course had to make a stop at Universal Studios, which we both really enjoyed. I like that Universal Studios has more activites and interactive attractions than Disneyland. The picture on the bottom right is the Waterworld show, it was very impressive! Plus, we met Marg so that was excited!

The next day was Disneyland and we hit all of our favorite rides first... Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, the Jungle Safari. We went to quite a few rides and then had lunch, after that the lines were so long that we thought we would call it a day. So we picked some ice cream and headed out.

We came back home through Vegas and spent one night there. Then we spent another night in Cedar City with Ryan's grandparents and visited the rest of his family.

So, all in all, it was a really great time. The only thing I would change is the amount of driving, that got to be exhausting. And the morning sickness, I really hope it's over soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

Sara said...

Now you can tell Linda that we've seen some pictures of your trip. :D

Stacy said...

Cool pictures, it sounds like your trip was mostly fun, and congrats.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip Questy! I actually have been to Santa Barbara for an evening... it was a cute town. Now try staying about 45 mins away from there in Lompoc and that is exciting stuff (sarcastic)!