Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Andrea's Birthday

Andrea turned 4 on the 9th and we had a family party the night before.  Having the party the night before really confused her on what day was actually her birthday, so we just agreed that it was on Friday instead of Saturday.  It's a good thing too because it snowed all Saturday, so Daddy was occupied with plowing snow.  But I remember when she was born it was a snow storm and it hasn't snowed on her bithday since, so it was kind of fun to remember watching the snow out the hospital window. 
 
This year she decided on a rainbow unicorn party, don't ask, I don't know where that came from.  I think just looking at Birthday magazines that came in the mail.  So I did my best to make the ceiling into a rainbow and had to get creative with the cake, thank you Pinterest. 
 We played pin the horn on the unicorn, although I think all the kids cheated! Even some of the adults got in on the action.
Andrea recieved all kind of spoils, I think she made out better than Christmas.  A baby crib and baby doll from Grandma and Grandpa Lee. I was worried she wouldn't play much with the baby stuff, but all Saturday whe was busy putting them to bed and giving them baths.
A handmade dress and wooden rainbow and unicorn playset (which you can see in the background of the next photo) from Amy, Eric, Brigitta, and Roland. Aunt Amy must have know a pink butterfly dress has Andrea's name all over it.  And she has played with the wooden rainbow over and over.
Her very own rainbow maker from Grandma and Grandpa Williams.  I must admit, this is pretty cool, it projects a rainbow on her ceiling.  She told me the other night "This is better than my Dream Lite". 
Mom and Dad gave her and outfit, a bath mermaid fountain, and Gator Golf.  I think the Gator Golf was more for Dad, but they both enjoy it!
 Since our Saturday was ruined by snow we decided to celebrate her birthday together on Monday.  We took Andrea to her favorite restaurant, The Garden, and then headed over to the Disney Store for her to spend her money from Grandma "Bell". 
I was very impressed that she didn't ask for everything in sight at the Disney Store. Ryan and I had to point stuff out for her, or show her what we thought she might like.  She decided on a Princess stamp set, and has been getting great use out of it. 
Next we headed to Discovery Gateway.  We took her there years ago, but she was much too young.  Here's a picture of her and Daddy riding in the same car then and now. 
This time she loved every minute of it, and understood every activity.  It was difficult to get her to move onto the next area. 
Grocery Shopping
 Little playhouse
 This next one is my favorite picture of the day.  Ryan and I were sending messages back and forth.  I sent "I love you" he sent this one back....
Playing with the green screen.
And sitting in the helecopter.
 
By this time she was so overwhelmed and tired that it was hard to get her to leave without a big scene.  But all in all she is a very well behaved girl and it's so fun to see her grow.  I love what a little independent spirit she is, and all the laughter and love she gives to us.  

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Happy birthday to Andrea! I can't believe she's four already. Cade turned 6. We are officially old. Haha, kids and their random ideas. Rainbows and unicorns...

Also, I can't resist this... Ryan looks so funny sitting in that tiny car, like Donkey Kong in a micro machine. What a good sport lol