Friday, September 7, 2012

First Day of Dance

It's been pretty evident that Andea would love to take dance lessons, and this year she is old enough.  So we signed her up with Dance Attitude here in town. After asking a lot of the other moms, I got the best feedback about this group.  It does make me feel a little old, however, since the company's owner also taught me dance when I was Andrea's age, but I'm sure I'm not the first alumni she's had bring their daugther to dance there. 

 When I called to sign up I was told that I am welcome to stay the first class to watch, and get more information about the schedule and pricing, but after that they don't like the moms to stay.  I was a little taken aback, this will be the first outside activity that I just drop Andrea off to, and I don't know if I'm ready. 
After the first class it was easy to see why they don't like the parents to stay.  Andrea was good for the most part about staying with the class and doing what she was told, but occationally she would come over to say "Mom, did you see that" or "Am I doing good?". 
I was so surprised at how well she listened and tried every move they told her, it was definately a Mommy Paycheck moment when even one of the other moms told me they were impressed with how well Andrea listens. 
The teachers were so cute with the girls, and I can tell she is going to love dance class.  We'll see how next week goes for me when I have to let my baby go for the first time.  Hopefully this will make preschool and kindergarten a little easier!

2 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

Oh how I miss Dance Attitude. Reading your post made me cry. But yes leaving her will make preschool and K easy as pie. She will be so used to mom leaving that she won't have a hard time when it comes time to be gone half a day.
Tell Pamela and the others hi from me.

Stacee Maree said...

Oh how I miss Dance Attitude. Just reading your post made me cry. We had so much fun and good times there. You will love it.
And yes leaving her for dance makes it so much easier when it comes to preschool and K. She will be used to being without you.
Tell Pamela and the crew I said hi and that the girls miss them.