Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter

The night before Easter Andrea and I left the eggs we had all dyed on the back porch so the Easter Bunny could hide them during the night.
Andrea woke up Sunday morning to find a note from the Easter Bunny on Mommy and Daddy's bedroom door. The note told her to look in the fridge. The fridge note told her to look on the front door. The front door note told her to look in the laundry room, and that note told her to look in the office. When she looked in the office chair she found her Easter basket.
In her basket the Easter bunny left a digital camera, a monkey nightgown, pez, chocolate bunnies, and some light up gummies.
We enjoyed some Easter Bunny pancakes, an idea I got of pinterest.
Then Andrea went outside to hunt for her eggs.
We both put on our coordinating Easter dresses and headed to church. This one was a special Sunday in more than one way, my Mom was visiting, and I was sustained as Primary President with Amy B and Michela F as my counselors. I am pretty terrified of my new calling. I love working in the Primary, but now I will have to delegate to adults, and I don't like conflicts, which I'm sure are inevitable. It was a pretty special moment though having my husband and brother in the circle to set me apart.
After chuch I started preparing for Easter dinner. I had invited all of our local family over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. Luckily, my mother in law and sister in law helped with food, or I would have been very overwhelmed. We had the traditional Easter meal, Ham, potatoes, jello, and deviled eggs.
The kids really enjoyed the Easter egg hunt, it was pretty funny watching them run around in a big hurry, when there are only three kids there wasn't much reason to rush, but instinct kicks in I guess.
It was nice my Mom was able to visit. She had traveled to Phoenix with my brother Brent to attend her sister Colleen's funeral and then drove back with him to spend a few days with us. She also got sick along the way and ended up with Broncitis and an eye infection. So it wasn't as much fun for her as it could have been. This week Andrea has been sick too, but it's tough to say if she got it from Grandma or not, at least the doctor said it wasn't Broncitis.
I always regretting not getting a picture of Grandma when she visits, so at least I got one this time!

No comments: