Monday, January 21, 2008

Christmas... a month after.

I'm so bad at posting blogs because I feel like I never have anything new to say, but... hello! Christmas, I could post about Christmas! I have always loved being home for Christmas, Ryan and I have never traveled and we have no reason to. With both of our parents still living in Tooele we get to have our Christmas in the morning, go to one family's for more, and then the second family's for the rest. It's like one big long day of present opening and spending time with the ones you love, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This year we had to wake up early to open each other's presents because our niece and nephew were at Ryan's parents this year, and we wanted to watch their excitement. So I think we started the day around 6:00 am and rushed to the Lees at 7:30. Santa was good to those kids, the living room was filled! We were cracking up at our nephew Peyton who said "Hey! Those aren't supposed to be in there" everytime he opened clothes. So after Santa time was over, we had to rush back home to get ready for brunch with my family at 11:00. We were having all of my family over to our house this year, so I had to prepare for brunch. I love the fact that all of my family is here now, by brother Ryan and his family lived in Washington for so long that we only saw them on Christmas occationally. But now, with the whole family living near Tooele, it finally feels right.
Although it was a great day, it felt like Christmas was over by 2:00, which I wasn't used to. Below our some pictures of Christmas with my family, I wish I would have thought to take some at Ryan's parents as well.

An original water color done by my brother Eric.

My brother Eric, sister-in-law Amy, niece Brigitta, Mom, and Jim.

My nephew Taylor, brother Ryan, and sister-in-law Melissa.

3 comments:

katrina said...

Kristy,
I am glad you found my blog. It is fun to see what you have been up to too. It sounds like the house is a lot of fun. I can't wait to have a house and especially a yard even if it is a money pit. Do Eric and Amy live in Tooele now?

Anonymous said...

Good job on posting pictures Questy... I think that is what I like most about blogs!

Stacy said...

I'm sorry that we missed you last night. How was the ice cream? Your house looked good and my mom loved it too. Tessy is always a favorite. I'm glad that you've blogged, I like to check it. I'm glad that you had a good Christmas.